Blood Pressure Chart By Age: Check Out What Should Your BP Be

omron-10-series-blood-pressure-monitorWhat is normal blood pressure level? What do your bp readings mean?

Relax~ Here is a blood pressure chart by age to help you find out the normal range that you should achieve for good health.

Now you may know 120/80 mm Hg is the ideal reading. However, there are various factors that affect the average numbers one should own. For example, age. The normal blood pressure values for children and elderly are not the same.

On the other hand, the blood pressure for pregnant women may fluctuate. But the average level is more or less the same as any adult’s readings. Doctor may determine it as hypertension when the bp result is 140/90 mm Hg or higher.

Blood Pressure Reading Chart

Below is a blood pressure reading chart for you.

*Remember that the larger figure in your reading represents the systolic value; the smaller figure represents your diastolic value. Systolic is the measurement of pressure when the heart is beating. Diastolic is the measurement of pressure when the heart is resting.

Blood Pressure Chart By Age

Understanding blood pressure readings is important. This is a reference for you regarding the normal blood pressure level for 1 month infant to 64 years old elderly.

Blood Pressure Log

If you are a hypertension patient, you may need to track and keep your daily blood pressure numbers. This will be a useful reference for your doctor to examine your condition.

So feel free to use this printable blood pressure log I created. Just right click, save image as and print it out for your recording purpose.

Check out these tips of measuring your blood pressure so you can get the most precise figures:

• Visit your doctor and test your home monitor. Compare the readings produced by your monitor with your doctor’s result to confirm its accuracy
  • Avoid measuring your bp immediately after you wake up, after exercising, taking medicine, smoking or feeling stress
  • Always check your bp at the same time, 2 times per day is enough
  • Write down notes if you experience any discomfort or unusual conditions

Read more on:What is hypertensionFood to lower blood pressureHypotension causes

1. Jim Livesay
    Feb 01, 2015 @ 14:25:10

Good info. I’m 67 and having my first bout with HBP. According to the chart my new figures are not bad, could be better if course.

• Susan Leanza
      Feb 02, 2015 @ 01:05:07

Thanks Jim, you might want to check out the foods that can maintain a good bp 😉

2. Mary
    Jun 02, 2015 @ 19:01:03

What if Blood pressure is 110/52?
    Then next week 100/47? Is that normal or what could be going on?

• Susan Leanza
      Jun 03, 2015 @ 03:04:18

Hi Mary, there are many factors that can affect the bp readings like stress, medications, disease etc. The best way to find out is to refer to your doctor for a thorough body check up.

3. Laura Franz
    Aug 09, 2015 @ 20:55:34

I was at the Dr. the other day and my BP was 144/86. I have ben on lisinopril 20mg and my Dr. changed it to lisinopril 40mg. I took it about 3 days and became very dazy for about 3 days. So I stopped the BP medicine and started back on 20mg and am not dizzy any more. So I assume the 40mg brought my BP too low. What do you think. Thanks Laura

• Susan Leanza
      Aug 10, 2015 @ 01:07:21

Hi Laura, sorry to hear that you’re feeling dizzy after taking lisinopril 40mg. Sometimes our body feel uncomfortable in taking higher dosage of medicine. But it’s best to consult your doctor about your condition to decide a more proper dosage or other alternatives. Take care :)

4. Kelsey
    Sep 01, 2015 @ 02:34:19

Hi I am currently 9 months pregnant and today I got very hot and felt weak and had excessive sweating. My mom has a digital blood pressure cuff and during this I took it , which was 94/55 with a pulse of 90. It kind of freaked me out so I took another one a couple minutes later which was 105/50 with a pulse of 93. And last one I took was 107/55 with a pulse of 81. Does this sound normal for someone whose pregnant? I always thought high blood pressure was the issue not low. Just very curious, thanks.

• Susan Leanza
      Sep 02, 2015 @ 01:26:54

Hi Kelsey, Congratulations on your pregnancy. About blood pressure, one’s bp may fluctuates during pregnancy due to hormone changes or expansion of circulatory system. You can read more here. Meanwhile, relax and prepare to welcome your little one :)

5. Kevin
    Sep 18, 2015 @ 22:06:36

Hi Susan, I am 62 and my normal systolic blood pressure for my age, based on your charts, varies from normal to mid highs but my Diastolic reading is low to mid 70’s. Any thoughts?

• Susan Leanza
      Sep 19, 2015 @ 06:15:40

Hi Kevin, may be it’s isolated systolic hypertension. You can refer to this article for more information. Take care!